Support clients and internal IT networks while delivering exceptional customer service throughout the process. Work to troubleshoot and restore technical service and equipment problems by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing issues. Is well organized and has the ability to communicate professionally with team members, clients and vendors to accomplish goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trusted technical resource for troubleshooting and diagnosing client’s technology needs.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Interact with all levels of clients supporting all aspects of infrastructure technology in their environment.
- Effectively communicate both written and verbally to team and client status of tickets and support efforts/resolutions in a timely and clear fashion.
- Maintain service status by following ticket communication procedures.
- Act as a mentor for Level 1 and Level 2 team members.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Documentation for all client systems and process
- Participate in on call rotation for nights and weekends.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- LAN and WAN experience.
- Ability to foster a culture of integrity, respect, passion, responsibility, accountability, action and learning
- Minimum billable hours requirement: 30/week
- 5+ years of experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Cisco, VMware or other networking certifications
- On site in Grand Rapids, MI