Reports to: Support Services Manager
Manages: No team members
Support clients and internal IT while delivering exceptional customer service throughout the process. Work to troubleshoot and restore technical service and equipment problems by analyzing, identifying and diagnosing issues. Is well organized and has the ability to communicate professionally with team members, clients and vendors to accomplish goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working internally and with clients in the role of Network Administrator to provide the highest level service, communication and technical support.
- Trusted technical resource for troubleshooting and diagnosing client’s technology needs.
- Meet with project team members to discuss and resolve client related issues.
- Install and maintain servers in a network infrastructure; including email servers (Microsoft Exchange), SQL servers, web servers, anti-virus servers, network switches and firewalls, both internally and externally for our client base.
- Install and repair bridges, routers, switches and hubs.
- Responsible for maintaining various network projects with our client base.
- Recommending solutions to network problems and providing network design options on a multi-platform/multi-protocol environment.
- Perform network audits, perform critical evaluations, and develop recommendations with regard to network hardware.
- Interact with all levels of clients supporting all aspects of infrastructure technology in their environment.
- Effectively communicate both written and verbally to team and client status of tickets and support efforts/resolutions in a timely and clear fashion.
- Maintain service status by following ticket communication procedures.
- Answer support phones and take appropriate action to resolve client issues.
- Primary escalation point for Level 1 team members.
- Installing and maintaining hardware including, but not limited to:
- Server hardware
- Desktop or mobile hardware
- Firewalls and other security appliances
- Wireless network devices
- Installing and maintaining various software components including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft server operating systems
- Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Microsoft active directory services
- Enterprise anti-virus software
- Enterprise backup software
- Support line-of-business applications.
- Participate in on call rotation for nights and weekends.
- Tickets should be resolved or escalated in 0 – 2 hours.
- Highest level of customer service and interaction.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Ability to be organized and efficient in busy and ever changing environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and conviction to following best practices.
- Discipline to diagnose issues where no experience or knowledge is present and extensive research is required.
- Proficient at administering Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating Systems, networking technologies (ie: TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Firewalls), Citrix, administering Microsoft Active Directory, and Group Policy Objects (GPO).
- Experience in both server and desktop hardware is required.
- Minimum billable hours requirement: 30/week
- 3+ years of experience.
- Ability to foster a culture of integrity, respect, passion, responsibility, accountability, action and learning.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Microsoft, VMware or Cisco certifications desired